2015 Movie Reviews
Well hope 2015 was a great year; it was certainly a great year for movies. The Avengers teamed up again, dinosaurs were on the rampage, spies were in, Pixar and Disney bring out 2 other classics and the force returns. The Glasgow Science Centre IMAX was the cinema of the year for me; I’m a regular there practically since I got the Cineworld Unlimited card! Definitely worth it; think the Cineworld cinemas are the best! No premium seats, all seats are equally priced and have great leg room! Picture and sound quality are great especially at the IMAX! There’s no place like Cineworld.
Unfortunately there were a few films I was unable to write reviews for this year due to time restrictions, so I’ll take this opportunity to quickly review them!
- Firstly was A Theory of Everything; a film about Stephen Hawkins’ life. Eddie Redmayne did a stupendous job as Mr. Hawkins; it’s hardly a surprise he got so many awards for his performance.
- Then it was Bladerunner at the GFT. Quite a strange film! The main villain was almost a bit Joker-ish at the end and was slightly terrifying at the end when he’s chasing after Harrison Ford. I think I need to watch it again, to fully understand it; honestly forgotten what it was all about.
- A good few months later was the new James Bond film, Spectre; the new villain was brilliant and expect to see him in the next film. I’m still undecided if Spectre or Skyfall was best.
- Next was Evil Dead 2 at the GFT on Friday the 13th, November. This was a horror cult film that surprisingly my friend and I were interested in seeing. It and first one were so strange; what with laughing lamp and moose, and a disturbing version of Treebeard. But it was groovy anyway!
- Next was Bridge of Spies; another brilliant Tom Hanks film. His character almost reminded me of Atticus Finch; sticking up for his defendants rights no matter what everyone else thinks and with all the risks. It’s what make Atticus Finch my favourite character.
- And finally Victor Frankenstein! This was a film I wasn’t particularly bothered in seeing, but actually really enjoyed. I really liked both characters, Igor and Victor, Radcliffe and McAvoy did brilliantly at portraying them.
That’s it for my 2015 reviews! If you want to have a look back at my 2014 Reviews, click here. But looking into 2016 I’m looking forward to Captain America: Civil War, Batman vs Superman, Deadpool, Finding Dory, Zootopia, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and Anomalisa. Another big list of anticipated films but that’s only some of the films to look forward to!
Below are links to my ten film & cinema reviews and three film rankings of 2015 for your pleasure to read. Enjoy!