Since the first Kingdom Hearts released back in 2002, I’ve been a passionate fan of the franchise. I already had a love for Disney animation/film, but Kingdom Hearts invigorated my love for these films, and introduced me to other titles I hadn’t previously known about, like Nightmare Before Christmas, and the Final Fantasy games. In about 2012 I joined KH13 (a fan-base website for everything Kingdom Hearts) as a regular member; it wasn’t until the 14th of August, 2014 that I was accepted to join the KH13 News Team who eager search out and cover the latest news of the franchise. I personally attended the HD 2.5 ReMIX launch event in London on behalf of KH13
As well as helping out with the News Team, 2 months later I became the Team Leader of the Social Media Team who interact with community during times when it’s dry of news. Most tasks included sharing KH13 fan-made work (art, music, discussions, etc), creating daily discussion polls and daily music posts (both original soundtrack as well as fan-made music). But as well as this I utilised my skills with the Adobe suite in my spare time to create other posts for the KH13 social media, of which included:
- Designs for the Kingdom Hearts anniversary posts for the dates each game in the franchise released in the different regions (Japan, NA, Europe and Australia).
- Also designs for National holidays/events throughout the year such as well known ones like Father’s Day, Halloween and random yearly events like national Dogs Day, Animation Day, Ice Cream Day using influences from Kingdom Hearts.
- Designing different series of countdown posts; in the past for the different conferences at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), the Tokyo Game Show (TGS) events, and now, more recently countdown posts to the release of the next 2 Kingdom Hearts games, “HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue” & “HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX” (for PS4).
- Recently I created a more appealing design template for the KH13 birthday posts of voice actors, directors, composers, etc of the franchise (Hayley Joel Osment, Tetsuya Nomura, Yoko Shimomura)!
- As well as redesigns for the anniversaries of Disney/Square Enix properties such as The World Ends With You, Final Fantasy VII, Cinderella, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Tron, etc.
- Since Halloween, I’ve also updated the profile pictures and banners of the social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Tumblr and our new PlayStaion Community page on the PS4).
It’s been an absolute pleasure working with the KH13 and the community, and brilliant that I’ve been able to utilise my skills to create designs for some of their posts! You can see some of the posts below:
KINGDOM HEARTS ANNIVERSARIES
KH13 SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILES & BANNERS
E3 2016 COUNTDOWN POSTS
HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX (PS4)
HD 2.8: FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE